Pages :REMODEL AND LANDSCAPE IDEAS

Sunday, February 28, 2010

My before and after of kitchen

   
The original 1961 kitchen   
before remodel




Same kitchen after remodel





All on a strict budget...I had to decide on a granite counter top and so so  appliances  OR  a high end custom laminate counter top and high end appliances...well it didn't take long to come to a decision...I went with the latter .

 I am so happy with my decision. It really helped to pay attention to the small details.  Adding trim to the cabinets, new hardware, two different kinds of laminates with added angles to the counter top made for that extra special touch that can set my kitchen apart from a simple remodel.

 Instead of expensive stone or tile for the back splash I chose a vinyl Tin bought at Lowe's, it has a textured iridescent semi gloss finish that makes the kitchen pop.

 The added spice racks that slide out on either side of the microwave convection oven and the lights under the cabinets and recessed lighting in the ceiling with a ceiling fan, all that my Husband added are touches I have always wanted.God Bless the Handyman!

 Remember to keep things cohesive. The style and color such as all your appliances , hardware ,sink and faucet . Keep a theme and have it blend with adjacent rooms to keep the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment